Barco Food Glue
Used to glue decorations onto cakes
Fix broken sugar decorations
Glue flower petals
Glue decorations onto cakes
Glue Flitter to removable decorations etc
Attach Lace points to sugar art
Attach ribbon to the cake board
Apply with a paintbrush or with a dripper directly. Hold two pieces to be glued together till secured and dry.
Barco Quick Paint
Barco QUICK PAINT is used to mix powder or gel colours into and then to paint onto sugarcraft items. It allows for smooth application of colour to fondant, sugar paste etc because it dries quickly before the sugar becomes tacky.
Mix with any BARCO powder or Gel and paint onto sugar articles. It can also be used to mix powders and gels into and then used to Airbrush with.
Cream-coloured powder Food Grade
Dry humidity areas use less CMC and High humidity areas use more CMC.
Knead it in very well through your fondant.
Improve Elasticity in fondant Freeze and thaw stability
Stabilizes cream and helps it hold its shape for up to 3 days.
Prevents the oxidization of colours
Makes sugar art dry/set quicker.
If you are using a pre-made Gum paste you don’t need to add any Gums to your paste because it already has some form of Gum in it.
To create gum pastes with fondant just add 1 – 3 tsp of CMC powder to a half a kilogram of fondant. Work it through thoroughly and add more CMC or water to achieve the desired texture.
Barco Paint Cleaner
Barco Paint Cleaner is a clear strong smelling liquid used to clean Barco Paint Base or Food Paint from your brushes and Spray Gun.
Directions: Paint Cleaner is used to clean paint brushes, spray guns and tools after painting and or spraying with BARCO FOOD PAINT and BARCO PAINT BASE
Barco Paint Base
Mix with any BARCO powder and paint onto areas that need colour to be fixed permanently i.e. Easter Bunny Eyes, buttons etc also on any other Sugar art articles and Chocolate.
Isomalt is perfect for making beautiful crystal clear and/or colourful decorations for your cakes, candies and desserts!
Isomalt will absorb moisture from the air and should be kept in a tightly sealed container
WHAT IS ISOMALT
Isomalt is a sugar substitute used in making hard candy and sugar art. It is made from beet root and has half the calories of regular sugar. Isomalt can also be used in baking when sugar-free goods are needed. When replacing sugar in recipes with isomalt, use a ratio of 1:1.
RECIPE FOR ISOMALT – Stove
- Combine 4 parts Isomalt to 1 part water – stir over medium heat until mix dissolves and all crystals are incorporated. Cover the saucepan and boil for 4 minutes. Remove the cover, insert a candy thermometer and cook without stirring until the temperature reaches 320° F or 160°C.
- Pour the mixture onto a silicone mat. Let cool then break it into smaller chunks. Store in an airtight container and use as required.
- Reheat it in the microwave at 15-seconds intervals to soften and shape as desired
RECIPE FOR ISOMALT – Microwave:
- Place one cup of isomalt in a 2-cup microwave-safe container, cover it with plastic wrap, and microwave for 3 minutes at full power.
- Remove from microwave. Using an oven mitt, remove the plastic wrap (be very careful as steam will escape and can burn you).
- Swirl the melted isomalt to cover the granules that are not yet melted.
- Cover with a new piece of plastic wrap and microwave for 1 minute, again remove the plastic wrap carefully using an oven mitt and swirl the melted isomalt until all the crystals are dissolved.
- Place back in the microwave uncovered for 30 seconds. At this point, all crystals should be melted.
- Using a thermometer check the temperature it should read 167 degrees C, if not return to the microwave for an additional 30 seconds.
- If adding colour and/or flavouring wait until the isomalt temperature lowers to 155 degrees C.
- Add food colouring (the mixture will start to bubble), stir slowly keeping the food colouring at the top of the isomalt mixture to allow the water in the food colouring to evaporate. Once the food colouring and isomalt stop bubbling, you can then stir the food colouring throughout the mixture.
- Place in preheated oven (135 degrees C) for 15 minutes to rest, this will help to clear all bubbles.
- It is ready to use now